Alcohol Related Offenses

College students are often involved in alcohol-related criminal offenses, ranging in severity from relatively minor charges like Open Container or Underage Drinking, increasing in severity to misdemeanor offenses like Driving Under the Influence and Furnishing Alcohol to Minors, and sometimes resulting in felony charges like Aggravated Assault and Trespass. At JD Law, we have experience in representing college students at both the University Park and Altoona Campuses of Penn State, as well as Lock Haven University and Juianata College.

A person convicted of a criminal offense is likely to face fines and penalties, such as license suspension, but there are also collateral consequences, such as a mark on a criminal background search that will impact future job opportunities.  Our criminal defense practice is focused on helping defendant students protect their rights and their futures.

Consult With Us for Any Alcohol-Related Criminal Charge

Anyone charged with a crime should consult with an experienced advocate as soon as possible.  Attorney Jason Dunkle has a track record of obtaining favorable results for clients, be it through successfully fighting cases and obtaining not guilty verdicts or dismissals, or be it through reaching agreements with prosecutors or the police.

You May Be Eligible for ARD or Youthful Offender Program

Many counties use some form of pre-adjudicative disposition or first-time offender program.  For many summary offenses such as Underage Drinking, Public Drunkenness, and Possession of a Fake ID, judges permit a person to complete alcohol education programs or community service in exchange for a dismissal of the charge. With more severe judges permit a person to complete alcohol education programs or community service in exchange for a dismissal of the charge. With more severe charges, such as Furnishing Alcohol to Minor or DUI, many counties allow first-time offenders to participate in the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program.

Participation in such programs often allows the minor to minimize penalties and then seek an expungement of the government records. These cases can be complex and have time schedules and intricate procedures that must be considered.

Contact an attorney with experience in representing clients charged with such offenses in the county in which the charges are filed. In summary cases, local attorneys are often more knowledgeable about the formal and informal programs and agreements that may be reached with the officers and accepted by the judges.

Underage Drinking Representation for Penn State Students

With JD Law being located in downtown State College, only blocks away from the University Park Campus of Penn State University, our criminal defense lawyer has handled hundreds of underage drinking cases for Penn State students and their out-of-town visitors. We have provided representation in underage drinking cases before the various magisterial district judges in State College who have jurisdiction over the University Park Campus of Penn State.

Our offices are located close to campus for the convenience of our clients. We will remain available to answer any questions that you may have, explore all of your options and work aggressively to achieve the best possible outcome in your case.

For a free consultation directly with an experienced Centre County disorderly conduct attorney, please call (814) 954-7622 or contact us by email. We accept MasterCard, Visa, and Discover.