State College Underage Drinking Attorney

With the JD Law firm being located in State College, Attorney Jason S. Dunkle has handled hundreds of underage drinking and other alcohol-related cases involving college students at Penn State University Park, Penn State Altoona, Lock Haven, and Juniata College. Attorney Dunkle has used his experience and knowledge to obtain favorable resolutions for clients in underage drinking cases.

Why Should I Hire a Lawyer for an Underage Drinking Case?

Many people mistakenly believe that a charge of underage drinking “is no big deal.” The penalties for a conviction of underage drinking in Pennsylvania are quite severe, including payment of hefty fines and court costs and a mandatory suspension of Pennsylvania driving privileges.

In Pennsylvania, a criminal charge like underage drinking can be found in a government database called the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts (AOPC) that is free and readily available to the public. Not only can the general public use this system, but many background search companies can also access the database and provide information about underage drinking, public drunkenness, possession of a fake ID, and other summary offenses to prospective employers.

The best way to avoid or minimize criminal penalties is to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney. Call JD Law at (814) 954-7622 or email us to schedule a free initial consultation.

Can I Represent Myself? Sure, But it is Not a Good Idea

Almost all clients ask, “Do I need a lawyer?” While a person is always permitted to represent him or herself, Abraham Lincoln was generally correct when he stated that “He who represents himself has a fool for a client.”

Too many people do not consult with a defense attorney and instead, take legal advice from the officer or the court staff. Such people may intend to provide good advice, but they often are not aware of all aspects of a case to fully advocate for the client’s best interests. For example, many officers tell people that summary offenses do not appear on background searches, but that information is not always true.

In many cases, people who represent themselves contact an attorney after something has gone wrong with the case, and it is often too late at that point for the defense attorney to fix the problem. It is often cheaper and more effective overall to retain a good attorney to handle the case from beginning to end.

What Should I Do if I Was Charged With Underage Drinking?

If you or someone you know has been charged with Underage Drinking, DUI, or Possession of a Fake ID, you should have the case reviewed by an experienced and reputable criminal defense attorney. Not all attorneys are equal. When considering which attorney to hire, you should look at various factors.

For a free case review, email or call (814) 954-7622 to schedule a FREE CONSULTATION with experienced State College criminal defense lawyer Jason S. Dunkle. Consultations can be given over the phone or via a face-to-face meeting. JD Law, P.C., is located blocks from the Penn State University Park Campus in downtown State College, so it is easily accessible to Penn State students.

Additional Questions About Underage Drinking?

Review the Underage Drinking Frequently Asked Questions page as it addresses issues that are commonly raised by clients.