Assault Charge Q+A
People that are charged or are exepecting to be charged with State College assault or disorderly conduct offenses often have similar questions. State College criminal defense attorney tries to answer many of the frequently asked questions below. If you would like a free case review for an assault case, contact JD Law via email or by calling (814) 689-9139. Our office provides representation in Centre, Clinton, Clearfield, and Huntingdon Counties. If your case is in another county, you can contatct us, and we can try to refer you to an experienced Pennsylvania defense attorney.
- Why am I being charged with Aggravated Assault or Simple Assault when I was simply defending myself?
- Do I have to prove self-defense at trial, or does the district attorney have to prove that I didn’t act in self-defense?
- Why was I charged with Aggravated Assault and not just Simple Assault?
- How can I be charged with assault if the victim did not suffer a “bodily injury”?
- I have never been in trouble before, am I eligible to participate in an ARD program?
- Why didn’t the police talk to me to get my side of the story in the assault investigation?