Misdemeanor Drug Possession Q+A
State College criminal defense lawyer Jason S. Dunkle answers many questions that are routinely asked by clients in misdemeanor drug possession cases. Attorney Dunkle has experience in representing people charged with misdemeanor drug possession and felony drug delivery or possession with intent to deliver charges. If you or someone you know has been charged with a drug-related offense, you should contact JD Law by email or by calling (814) 954-7622 and schedule a FREE CONSULTATION with an experienced State College criminal defense lawyer. Consultations can be handled over the phone or via a face-to-face meeting. Penn State students can easily walk to the JD Law Office as it is located in downtown State College and only minutes away from the University Park Campus of Penn State. You need to talk to someone that is looking to defend your rights and obtain the best possible resolution.
Charge, Evidence, and Penalty Questions
- How can I be charged with “possession” of drugs or paraphernalia when nothing was found on me and there is no proof that it belongs to me?
- Is an officer’s belief or suspicion that an odor of marijuana was coming from a Penn State dorm room or State College apartment sufficient “probable cause” to justify issuance of a search warrant?
- How can the police obtain a search warrant to search an entire house, apartment, or Penn State dorm room when drugs or drug paraphernalia were only observed in one room?
- How can I be charged with “possession” of drugs or paraphernalia when I was not present at my apartment when the search warrant was executed and the items were discovered?
- Marijuana is legal in the state in which I reside and I have a permit to possess it, so I how can I be charged with illegal possession of marijuana in Pennsylvania?
- Do the penalties for misdemeanor possession vary depending upon the type of drug involved?
Suspension of Driving Privileges Questions
- How can my Pennsylvania driving privileges be suspended for a conviction in a drug possession case when I was not driving or around a vehicle?
- I received notification from PennDOT that my Pennsylvania driving privileges are being suspended because of a drug conviction, but, since I need my license to drive to work, should I file an appeal?
- Am I eligible to receive an Occupational Limited License for my suspension related to a drug charge?